Monday, October 6, 2014

Perfectly Perfect Nonsense!

A year or two (or three?) ago my Book Club read Very Good Jeeves by PG Wodehouse, and as a rule loved it.  I certainly did anyway.

As I read through it I heard Jeeves and Wooster's voices clearly as those of Fry and Laurie, as it was adapted for Television, even though I'd never really watched it for more than a few minutes here and there.

I haven't gotten around to reading any more, though really I should.  So when my local online social group in Cambridge posted an event to see Perfect Nonsense on it's UK Tour I jumped at the chance.  I did look for a PG Wodehouse novel called Perfect Nonsense, but there isn't one, but trusty Wikipedia advises that it is based on 'The Code of The Woosters' from 1938.

I'm a big fan of Matthew McFadyen, ever since Spooks, and I must admit to a little disappointment that he wasn't on the cast list for the tour, but nevertheless decided to see it anyway.

Tonight.

It's pouring down outside, work is stressful, and my workload seems impossible to complete in the short time allotted, so I can't imagine anything better timed or suited to lift my spirits than a bit of Jeeves and Wooster induced laughter.

Click the link above 'Perfect Nonsense on it's UK Tour' for alternative dates/locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment