Sunday, September 14, 2014

Book-a-Day 14: An old favourite

I’m not sure whether this category is for a book written years ago that I read recently, or a book I read years ago that is still a favourite.  

So, I've covered both options.  In the former category I have to nominate Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper.  Wonderful!

I discovered it as a result of discussions about covering the Dark is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper, of which this is the first in the sequence.  How I missed these books as a child is beyond me, but so pleased to have read them now.  Also, that I invested in the Folio editions, which are beautiful to look at and to read.





In the category of a favourite I read years ago, well there are so many, but I think it has to be The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.  I loved these as a child, and re-read them recently.  When I joined the Folio Socliety the joining offer included the Narnia books reduced from over £100 to £9.99    BARGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment