Thursday, September 11, 2014

Book-a-Day 11: Secondhand bookshop gem




I don’t know of any secondhand bookshops local to my old home, and shame on me I haven’t checked out any here in Cambridge, but I did manage to get second hand copies of the first three books in the Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman for 50p each at a car boot sale.  I have decided that that counts.

Number 4 will have to wait until either another car boot contains a copy, or I've finished reading 1-3 and am compelled to buy number 4.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to read these, but the someone told me the ending! I didn't think it was worth bothering then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, glad you haven't told me :-) I agree, I wouldn't want to read them either. I have heard about what happens to the female protagonist of the Divergent series in the final book, and now it feels like there's no point in reading book 2 or 3, even though the first was really good.

    ReplyDelete