Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday # 18

This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is set in that perfect world where the books we love are not butchered by Hollywood or the Silver Screen, and instead are all handled brilliantly as TV shows or Films!  Most of the books I've enjoyed lately are either already movies, or are about to be adapted, so this was a hard list for me, and I didn't quite make it to 10...

So here's my list, as always a little artistic licence has been taken.

Though I haven't read them all, I am very very grateful that the Game Of Thrones series is being made as a TV series, though if I could change one thing, it would be to make it a Soap Opera so I could watch it every week, and not have to wait a year between batches of episodes.  I think there's enough material :-)

My new favourite book of 2013 would be wonderful - The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente.  It's just magical.

The London based police procedural stories featuring trainee wizard PC Peter Grant, written by Ben Aaronovitch would make a great alternative Crime Drama series (TV or film, either format would work in my opinion).  Rivers of London, Moon over Soho, Whispers Underground and Broken Homes...

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman - I can see this as a film, with incredible settings and heartbreaking story.

The Dark Is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper.  Of course they'd have to re-do the previously released Dark Is Rising movie...  No Bad Thing!

Dark Matter by Michelle Paver.  I think this would be wonderfully creepy as a supernatural chiller, though I have a terrible fear that it would be mistreated and turned into a slasher/horror movie.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.  This is going to be made into a film, so I'll be  praying to the God of Book to Movie Adaptations that it gets handled well.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, definitely a film rather than TV series, and I have no idea how Death would narrate it, but I think it would be wonderful.  I'd watch it, I'd buy it, and I'd sell it to everyone who'd listen.  EDIT: I just read that this will be a film, OMG OMG OMG OMG!

And finally, reversing the focus of the list so far, I'd like to see the recent Tom Cruise film Oblivion as a book.  It started out as an idea for a Graphic Novel rather than a book, but I think it could make a great book if fleshed out a bit more.



No comments:

Post a Comment