Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Absences and Excuses

I just looked back on the last few weeks and realised how lax I've been at keeping this blog up to date.  Lately I've been ill, and also had some bad news in my personal life which has seriously impacted my reading...  I don't seem to have been able to read much, or concentrate on a book for long, so I haven't had much to blog about.

I half read Dissolution by CJ Sansom for the book club.  I gave up half way through as I didn't care about the victims, the investigator, the suspects or anything else.  Others thought it was OK, but it just wasn't for me.

I did read The Greenwitch (book 3 in the Dark is Rising sequence), and do plan to post a review for it soon.  Also the great and wise and far-better-read-than-I Helen from Fennell Books and are still discussing our joint blog post about Harold Fry (featured in todays TTT) and I hope to have that for you sometime soon.

On the plus side I have one of my favourite books of all time as this month's book club read... The book that got me interested in Science Fiction, Isaac Asimov and Robert Silverbergs collaboration on Asimov's short story 'Nightfall'.  I'm hoping this book is as great as I remember and inspires me to read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment