Wednesday, February 20, 2013

First Chapter - First Paragraphs

I saw this on Bibliophile by the Sea's blog here: http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday_19.html

I'm not sure if it's something I would do as regularly as once a week, but here's the first paragraphs of the book I'm reading at the moment.

I'm reading The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson.

Monday, 2nd May 2005

You might think he could have made up his mind earlier, and been man enough to tell the others of his decision.  But Allan Karlsson had never been given to pondering things too long.
So the idea had barely taken hold in the old man’s head before he opened the window of his room on the ground floor of the Old People’s Home in the town of Malmköping, and stepped out – into the flowerbed.

Would you read on?

No comments:

Post a Comment